Campus: Food

Baati Chokha

Let us, to quote Lewis Caroll, "begin at the beginning",


Next come the favourites,
I have had debates with colleagues, on potatoes, they (colleagues) are not able to fathom my love for them,
And, of course, we (colleagues and I) reside in a town that boasts of alu jalebis,
A A Milne and I, however, are on the same side of the proverbial fence here, to quote him, "what I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow",


Some say Banaras is at the cusp of (yet another) change,
One of the indicators being the idlis and vadas challenging the popularity of baati chokha,
For now we can take a look at the chokha preparation,



As I smelt and photographed these suddenly spiced tea appeared in kullads, and soon vanished,
The fun had me recall another such instance - food with friends, first rain of the season and a lot else had got together that evening, here,


We then move to the baati



Of course, no meal-time images, it was all happy eating!

Indebted to colleagues for the tasty experience!


Comments